Have you ever wanted to own a home that represented living history? This original Eumundi Queenslander provides you with this unique opportunity. If this house could talk, imagine the stories that it would tell. This is a classic property that exudes the character that is only found in special homes. The home is tucked away at the end of a quiet street with mountain views, where it graciously continues life with modern updates, completely in line with its original aesthetic.
Wonderful vintage and original features fill the home with character. These include lime washed timber floors, 10-foot-high ceilings, beautiful ornamental fretwork throughout, stained glass windows and French antique chandeliers. There are a myriad of French doors opening to massive sweeping decks, VJ walls and an ornate spiral staircase that was custom made to join the two floors.
Flowing over two levels and providing the opportunity for dual living or B&B, features include:
• 3 bedrooms all with ceiling fans, French doors to decks and master with walk-in robe and views to Mt Eerwah
• 2 bathrooms updated in vintage style and both with clawfoot bath tubs and stained glass windows
• Variety of living areas include a beautifully ornamental dining room, upstairs living and ‘library’ room, spacious lower level family living room and separate study
• The country kitchen is grand and will delight any cook with its 900mm gas cooktop, blue gum bench tops, fretwork framed servery to dining room and fold-back cedar windows and servery, creating an indoor/outdoor living space to the upper deck
• Large laundry with butler sink and plenty of storage options
• Outdoor living areas include two large decks, which are accessed by all upper and lower rooms and have a tranquil rainforest outlook and a commanding view of Mt Eerwah
• The lower merbau timber deck opens onto a beautiful swimming pool framed in tropical greenery – truly stunning and a must have for our hot summers
• Wooden timber pathways through well-established gardens to both upstairs and downstairs entrances
• Double carport parking, large shed, under house storage area
• Literally a few minutes’ walk into the centre of the famous Eumundi markets, village and local schools
The location of the home provides easy access to vibrant cafes, historic, funky hotels and boutique shopping. Walk to everything Eumundi has to offer. This is a magical home, in a perfect location and inspection will not disappoint those looking for a house combining yesteryear charm with a modern relaxed lifestyle.